Lavender is one of the most important herbs and belongs to the family Labitae which includes mints and plants that are native to France and England. Used for more than 2,500 years in aiding digestive problems, anxiety, insomnia and restlessness; lavender can also be used for disinfecting wounds and treating scrapes and scratches. An added bonus is its wonderful aroma. European royalty is filled with stories of lavender usage.
Lavender in oil form is one of the few botanicals that can be applied directly to the body. Below are some benefits of lavender oil:
- Helps to treat insomnia
- Works as an antiseptic and antifungal to care for the skin
- Improves immunity and the strength of the body
- Calms anxiety and depression
- Treats respiratory problems, use as a vapor or apply to chest, neck and back.
- Can be used as a disinfectant by adding 1 part water: 2 parts lavender oil.
- Improves digestive functions
Note: if after using lavender oil an allegeric reaction develops in people with sensitive skin, discontinue use. Also, if headaches, vomiting or nausea occur after use, discontinue or greatly reduce usage.
Please check out the web site for Clairmont Lavender Farm in Los Olivos, CA. They even have products for pets!
Comments are closed.